SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, August 29, 2014

Oh Hey Friday and Tailgate Food

It is Friday which means link up time with September Farm and my day off.  Don't worry, I wrote this yesterday, so I could sleep in and enjoy a nice breakfast out with my husband.

In celebration of College Football starting yesterday, I thought I would do my five favorite tailgate recipes.  Some are sweet, some healthy and some that are to die for.  Wait, I think they are all pretty top notch.

The best tailgate foods await you...

One.   Bacon Cheddar Chive Muffins for your morning tailgate.  I have made these babies many times for tailgates, work events, etc.  They are always gone within minutes and I get requests to make them all the time.

Two.  Seven Layer Dip.  What I like about this recipe is it is super easy and uses taco seasoning mix.  I know you can create your own, but this is super easy and gone within seconds.

Three.  Oreo Fluff.  What is not to love?  Pudding, cool whip, Oreos and marshmallows.  I could eat this whole thing by myself, but I would probably hate Oreos after.  I love to use Nilla Wafers as my dipper of choice, but others use fruit, Oreos, graham crackers or other cookies.  Make this not only for tailgates, but parties.  Believe me, you need to make this heavenly creation.


Four.   Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread.  If you are like me and most of America, then you love pizza.  I could eat pizza everyday and never get tired of it.  I found this recipe to be satisfying without buying a ton of pizzas to bring to your tailgate.  Though I may make two batches depending on the size of the tailgate.

Five.  Bacon Wrapped Smokies.  One of my friends made this dish for a party many years ago.  Now I find that more people have made these, had them or have heard of them.
 image via Pinterest

Ingredients:
1 Package Lil Beef Smokies (Hillshire Farm is my brand of choice here)
1 1 lb. package of bacon (I like the thicker cut, but most will due)
Brown Sugar

Toothpicks
Cookie Sheet

Instructions:
1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2.  Line cookie sheet with foil for easy cleanup.
3.  Cut your bacon into twos or threes depending on the thickness of the bacon.  I find that thinner bacon can wrap three times and thicker twice.  Test one out and see what works best for you.
4.  Wrap your lil smokie with the bacon and secure the lip with a toothpick.  Place on cookie sheet with tooth picks facing up.
5.  Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.  Once the bacon starts to golden up, I sprinkle brown sugar over the smokies and bake for another 5 minutes.  The sugar should carmelize and the bacon should finish cooking in this time.
6.  Let cool (if you can) and enjoy!

I hope you make one or all of these to enjoy at your next tailgate or party.

6 comments :

  1. YUM! These all sound incredible, but I'm particularly excited to try out the Oreo Fluff and Bacon Cheddar Chive Muffins - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must try them. They are perfect for any event or just to have yourself!

      Delete
  2. I make seven layer bean dip a lot for parties and food days at work! :) That oreo fluff looks amazing! I think I'll try it next! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend the double stuff oreos and nilla wafers for them. And remember, the longer the fluff sits in the frig, the better. Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. Speaking of food!! Looking at all of this is making me hungry! ANNNNDDD I'm totally adding the bacon wrapped smokies to my Baby Sprinkle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should. I am making them for this weeks tailgater and they always go so fast. Be prepared to eat them as they come out of the oven and hope there are enough for the party!

      Delete