SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, August 17, 2014

First Wedding Anniversary

Today is my first wedding anniversary.  The first of many more to come.

Last year on August 17, 2013, I married my best friend, my love, my partner, my rock, my everything.  I can't believe it has been a year, but it has been the best year yet.  I feel so fortunate that God gave me my amazing husband.
Since I have trouble putting into words how much this man means to me, I decided I would share my vows with you all.  The vows I spoke a year ago.  The vows I poured my heart into.  The vows that I edited over and over again (even after the rehearsal dinner).  The vows that I will follow until the day I die.

Rory,

I have dreamed about this day since I was a little girl.  I have planned this day in my head over and over.  Having the perfect dress, the perfect hair, the perfect flowers, the perfect shoes and the perfect first dance.  But none of my dreams prepared me for this day with you.  Words are not enough to begin to tell you how much I love you because nothing comes close to perfect when compared to you.

I admire that you live your life with passion and remain forever optimistic.

With you, I am a better person as you have shown me how to love with passion, purity and unconditional acceptance.

Today I vow to be your best friend, your wife and the best mother to our future children and our pup, Walter.  I promise to remember all the reasons I fell in love with you.  I promise to be your biggest supporter, to encourage you to pursue your dreams, to always listen and to inspire you.  I promise to grow with you, to challenge you, and to devote myself to you.  I vow to choose you each and every day of my life.

You are my best friend, my confidant, my love and now my husband.

Marrying you is my dream come true.  I love you.

Phew, it was hard not to sob like a baby when I typed those words out again.  They mean so much to me and still hold true, as they will forever.

I am truly the luckiest woman alive and I can't wait to see what our future holds.

Happy Anniversary to the most amazing husband, EVER, Rory.

Post a Comment