SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, May 26, 2017

Friday Favorites

It's Friday and I couldn't be happier. We have a three day weekend ahead of us and plenty of sunshine to go around. This also starts the very busy summer season. From camping to vacations to lake trips, I can't wait for the summer ahead.

Let's get down to Friday Favorites.

ONE. I know this isn't exciting news for the people who don't live near me, but yesterday our first Chick-fil-A opened in my city! I am literally singing from the rooftops and hoping the next week or two goes by fast, so I can finally enjoy it in my TOWN. We have another one being built which is a saving grace so this one doesn't get too backed up.

But seriously, I only get to have it when I travel for work or head to California on a Friday or Saturday (for fun). But that is changing and I plan to enjoy it often.

It is funny because I am not a person who is big on fast food, but when it comes to Chick-fil-A, I throw that out the door and enjoy it. So good.
Chick-fil-A

TWO. Does anyone else watch Pretty Little Liars? I know this is more of a younger generation show, but my sister got me into it when it started and I love it. Yes, it is my secret obsession. I am so into this show even though at times it is ridiculous.

Anyways, the show is on its last season and things have been heating up. Does anyone watch it? I need to discuss some things with people who do. And if you don't watch it, go watch it on Netflix. You're welcome.

THREE. So Emily suggested I look on Lilly Pulitzer for dresses to wear to the summery lake wedding I am going to in August and I found two that are soooo pretty. The prices aren't that pretty, but wow. What do you think of these beauties? Are they worth the $228 and $258 price tags?
Lilly Pulitzer Bryce Tunic Dress
Lilly Pulitzer Tilly Midi Dress

FOUR. Today is the last full week of daycare for my girls at their current daycare. Cue the tears. We have been with them for two years and a month. I can't believe we won't see their sweet teachers daily, have them across the street or have the routine we have been so used to.

I have no idea how the girls will react when we don't go back there after next Wednesday. Plus they won't start a new daycare until August, so that will be another transition.

Some of their teachers have asked to follow me on Instagram and Facebook, so they can keep up with how the girls are doing. I love this because I can also show the girls how their teachers are doing.

Since it is one of the teacher's last days today, they are doing a homemade ice cream party. I was going to pick up the girls early, but I want them to enjoy this, so I am going to kill time by myself this afternoon. Maybe a Target run?

FIVE. I am sure you have seen the sales for this weekend. First there was Loft, now Nordstrom has 40% off, Gap has up to 50%, same with Old Navy and so many more. Ugh. This is hurting my wallet. Not to mention that my husband convinced me (ok nagged me) into getting my snowboard pass now because it would save us $100. It is May and the resort is closing this week and I am already paying for next seasons. Ugh. And I just paid a hefty amount to the University for my football season tickets.

Yes, I get that these are my choices, but I hate spending all the money when I just want to buy all the clothes and jewelry at these sales. Oh and I want a new tv as well. Priorities people.

I hope you all have a good weekend!

I am linking up with April, A Little Bit of Everything, Karli, Meet @ the Barre and Cup of Tea.

21 comments :

  1. Yay for CFA!! I'd be lost without it in our town haha. PLL is my jam... how have we never discussed this. Text me Bc I have so many questions and no one to talk to about it! Love both of those dresses. In my experience they are well worth the price tag as they never go out of style and can be worn often! You can't go wrong with either one!! Have a great weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh angel, I know this is a tough day with it being the last at the day care, so sorry! Amazing sales, I just ordered a huge haul form The Loft so I gotta be done, lol. I would be all over that Chick-fil-a, our closest is 40 min.away! Oh I can just see you in those pretty dresses!!! Happy long weekend beautiful babe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I ordered a ton from Loft too. I have to return some stuff today, so that means more shopping. Ha. But I have to control myself otherwise. Have a wonderful weekend as well Andrea!

      Delete
  3. If you can believe it, I have never been to a Chick-fil-a and there is one not that far from me. I know, I'm totally missing out. So many great sales!! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm kinda looking forward to BUT DREADING all the Memorial sales!!!!!!! My poor wallet too.
    The hubs stops at Chick-fil-a EVERY DAY. Legit - every day. He buys a gallon of tea & drinks it every night into the next day. He needs a frequent tea card! ... & for the record, their chocolate chip cookies ARE THE BEST. & as a veggie girl - I love their Super Kale salad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PLL lets discuss the ridiculousness that is going on....

    Chick-fil-a yum yum yum we had it 2 weeks ago and I am about ready to have it again and I am totally with you I am not one to eat fast food but I don't mind this one!

    Those dresses are adorable and perfect for a summer wedding! I really like the navy cold shoulder one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously the sales are crazy right now...this is not good for the budget ;). That pink Lily dress is amazing. So hard to leave a great daycare! Oh and I LOVE CFA....yum! xoxo ERIN

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, I don't know what I would do without CFA!! Seriously!! We go there all the time. They have the best chocolate chip cookies in the history of the universe. If you haven't tried one, do it the next time you're there. And make sure you eat it while it's still warm!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am soooo excited about having one here finally. And #2 will open shortly as well. I need to try the cookies. I never have and don't know why. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  8. I hear you on the Chick fil a, its the only fast food I go for. When they opened the one here a few years ago the line was outrageous...and still kind of is! The sales are killing me, I have several carts filled and trying not to pull the trigger! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Lilly dresses, but I definitely agree with you on some of those price points. Yay for a Chick fil A - definitely one of my favorite spots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would look for the dress on poshmark or something, I love the pink one! I watch Pretty Little Liars! I actually need to watch this past week's still!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those dresses are so cute. The sales are killing me too! AHHH, they are just too good. I have never eaten at a Chick Fila, we do not have any nearby here in Washington. Hopefully one day :) I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you got that Target run in, that's always a treat! Chick Fil A is good, it's been a while since I've eaten there--I need to go soon! I hope I can avoid all the sales this weekend, but there are some good ones no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go soon. I didn't make it there this weekend, but I will for this upcoming one. I didn't get my Target run in, but I did get to Old Navy and Loft this weekend.

      Delete
  13. Yeah, I wouldn't pay that much for the dresses. I'm sure I could find similar items elsewhere for about half that much! But if they are your thing, and you can, go for it! You want to love your clothes right?

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO exciting about Chick Fil A!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love Chick Fil A! I wish we had one in our town!! The nearest one is 45 minutes away!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love that pink dress!!! It's so so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay for CFA!!! It's our absolute favorite! The kids get excited because I let them have Hi-C when we go. Ha ha!! Enjoy that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. When you visit your Chick Fila, get the watermelon mint lemonade. Just trussssst me on that ok???? YUM!!! I totally watch PLL TALK TO ME!!! I love to hate on the show most of the time. Some of the scenarios are just utterly ridiculous and yet I am so hooked to it that I cant quit. Don't even get me started on the sales this past weekend. I managed to not spend ALLLLL of our money. Just most of it. My daughter is going to be starting daycare in August and I am having so many mixed feelings about it. I hope that your transitions go smoothly!

    ReplyDelete