- That I was mildly annoyed to come to work on Monday only to find out I had a training class Tuesday through today. We signed up for it 7 months ago and the training staff (they book it all, plan it, pay for it, etc.) never reminded us. There were three of us going and no one knew the dates and bam, we had to change up our weekly plans for it. So thankful it was a good class.
- I hate car shopping. It is so stressful. All of the haggling with the sales people. Ugh. Just get to the bottom line instead of keeping me there for 2 1/2 hours. And why do cars cost so much now? #needmoremoney
- I hate filing my taxes now. I used to receive refunds every year and then we got married. We got a small refund the first year, but have paid a ton each year. We have changed our deductions to married 0, had more money go out to our health savings accounts and deferred comp, switched to a different vesting option and even started to pay more towards taxes each paycheck and we still get hit. How can we pay over $16,000 in childcare and only get a $50 credit? Ugh. Annoyed is an understatement.
- I am missing Mexico. My in-laws came home last Friday and we saw them on Sunday. They brought the girls some gifts, some stuff they packed for us and we reminisced about our time in Puerto Vallarta. While we didn't get to do a lot of things (due to a cranky toddler), we still relaxed, soaked in the sun and did a ton of walking.
My in-laws wanted to book the condo for a few weeks next year, but we told them we didn't want to bring the girls next year if we go. We wanted to go by ourselves. So they offered to watch the girls for a week while we went. They will got for a week or two, travel back and then we will go for a week. Sounds good to me. That means more exploring. I really feel fortunate to have this opportunity that we do having the condo in the family.
- I am finally feeling more like myself. I haven't felt this way in almost a month. Between bronchitis and a sinus infection, I was sick most of March.
- You may have seen it earlier this week, but I had the leftover chicken lettuce wraps (from Cravings cookbook) for lunch. I didn't have high hopes of them reheating that well, but surprisingly, they did. They were not chewy, kept their texture and tasted just as good as the day before. It did help that I brought in a head of butter lettuce. Yes, I did. I am sure my co-workers thought it was weird to see a full head of lettuce in the fridge.
Remember how I didn't even want to make them again? Well I have made them 3 times since then because they are so dang good. I use a large stock pot and a screen to protect from the oil and it has worked out beautifully. Now to buy a food processor. Do you all have recommendations?