Last Thursday, Emily, from a Little Bit of Emily, posted 16 Questions About Me and I loved it. I love getting to know bloggers more and love sharing about myself too. So I thought I would do it too. Thanks for the inspiration Emily!
1. Are you named after anyone? So my name is Danielle (in case you just stumbled upon my blog) and I was sort of named after someone, but not really. Let me explain. My mom was obsessed with the movie Xanadu and loved the main characters name of Kira. She really wanted my first name to be Kira, but got tired of it as time went on. So they named me Danielle instead. And Kira is my middle name. My great grandmother's name is Daniella, so I sort of have her name, but not completely.
2. When was the last time you cried? When I read a news article on Thursday about a mother who was driving her kids to school which was also her work started to fishtail and went over an embankment and both her kids drown in the river inside the vehicle. The girls were only 4 and 6. I lost it. I can't imagine, nor do I ever want to imagine that. RIP sweet girls.
3. Do you have kids? Yes and I talk about them all the time. I have two sweet identical twin girls and they are my everything. They keep me on my toes and make life so much sweeter!
4. Will you ever bungee-jump? Well, this is hard. Now that I had kids, I am not so sure. It has always been on my bucket list, but what if that bungee snaps? I went skydiving back in 2005 and it was AMAZING. I would love to do that again, but safety wise, I am not sure I should.
5. What's your favorite cereal? I am weird. I don't like cereal with milk anymore. The cereal gets too mushy and gross after sitting in milk. But I do love dry cereal and eat it often. Grapenuts in my yogurt and Life cereal just as a snack. I know, I am weird. My husband lives off of cereal.
6. What's the first thing you notice about people? This is a hard question. I think I just look at what they are wearing first and go from there. I also notice if people are smiling or have the bitch resting face which I see a lot of in the airport.
7. What is your eye color? Blue eyes.
8. Scary movie or happy endings? Happy endings. I love a good sappy happy ending movie. I used to be all about the scary movies, but now they are so realistic that I don't watch as many as I used to.
9. Favorite scents? I love the fall scents. Everything pumpkin, spice, and cozy smells. I do love the smell of rain on the payment. In the summer, I love watermelon lemonade candles. Heaven!
10. Summer or winter? I still love my summers more. We have Lake Tahoe only a hop and skip away and I can't get enough of the beach. But I do love snowboarding and the snow in the winter. Summer wins though.
11. What's the furthest you've ever been from home? Australia for work. It was a 16 hour flight from LA and then another an and a half flight from Reno. Israel was almost as far with a 14 hour flight.
12. Do you have any special talents? Not that I know of.
13. Where were your born? Nevada
14. What are your hobbies? Reading, working out, playing with my girls, listening to music, crafting, blogging, gardening, snowboarding, running.
15. Do you have any pets? Yes I do. I have the sweetest chiweenie, Walter. We adopted Walter in 2012 and he has been the best dog. He may be a bit spastic, but he is our Roo dog and my first "child".
16. Favorite movie? This one is hard too. I have so many favorite movies. I love Sex and the City, Step Brothers, Wedding Singer, Wedding Crashers, Knocked Up, Super Troopers and so many more.
If you answers these questions, send me your link so I can read your responses too!