SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Weekending

This weekend flew by in an instant and we didn't even do that much. And that was so nice. I needed a weekend of recharging and that is just what we got.

This weekend was full of rain and snow. The mountains got so much snow. 42 inches last night alone. Nevada is definitely out of its drought.

Friday morning, I had the most delicious donut at work. It was the best way to start the day. After work, Rory and I headed out to lunch and then to Costco for diapers. By the time we were finished with that, we grabbed a quick coffee and headed to the girls' daycare to pick them up. Just as we got home, my parents arrived to watch the girls for us. Rory and I went to look at a daycare for the girls. We toured for about an hour and were very impressed.
Doughboy Donuts

After the tour, we stopped at the store to pick up essentials for breakfast Saturday morning. Then we headed home for a bit. We went to dinner with my parents at this amazing Chinese/Taiwanese place. The girls had so much fun eating off of their grandparents plates.

After dinner, we headed home to burn some energy off and then put the girls to bed. We tried watching Parenthood, but our internet was slow due to the storm rolling in.

Saturday morning I attempted to make waffles. I used the pancake mix that we love (it is also meant to be used for waffles). The problem with the first batch was I didn't whip my egg whites until they were stiff. I only went half way. The second batch was better since I whipped the eggs fully. I also cooked some bacon and the girl were very happy.
Pamela's baking and pancake mix
The pancake mix I used.

Saturday we played around the house, did some chores, took a walk and got salads to go for dinner. Rory had a Pack basketball game at 5 pm, so it cut right into dinner time. I hung out with the girls and they were pretty feisty that evening. But we had a good time. I put them down to bed, quickly ate my salad and got ready to head out with my girlfriends.
daily walks

We met up at The Depot for some drinks and appetizers. The place was pretty packed, but we snagged a community table and just sat around catching up. It was the perfect way to end my evening. Oh and the Pack won their basketball game, so Rory was very happy.

Sunday morning we headed out to breakfast and the girls were still feisty. Luckily, the restaurant was pretty empty since we went so early. After breakfast, we went for a drive and grabbed some coffees to take with us. We just wanted to calm the girls down and have a little peace and quiet. When we got home, the girls were bummed and didn't want to get our of their car seats. They were having too much fun sightseeing.

I headed to the grocery store and then came back in time to put the girls down for their naps. While the girls napped, I did some cleaning and Rory did some yard workThe  in between the rain showers.

My in-laws came over at 4 pm and after catching up, Rory and I headed out for date night. We went to a favorite little place for some drinks and appetizers (hello happy hour!) before heading to an Italian place for dinner. Since we didn't celebrate Valentine's Day or our half year anniversary, we went out on Sunday instead. 
Naughty cosmo
Naughty Cosmo
Risotto and osso buco
Butternut squash risotto and osso buco

We finished dinner with dessert, tiramisu, and then a walk to burn off dinner. We headed home to see how the girls' evening went and then went to bed not long after. Food and wine coma. 

Monday morning I made pancakes (using the same pancake mix above) and lattes since it was raining and had not stopped since the night before. We were in for another rainy day and we didn't feel like going out. Rory built a fire and we played, cleaned and hung out around the house most of the day. Rory did get cabin fever so around 2 pm, we headed out to Petco for some food for Walter and to J Crew to buy the NYC shirt that I mentioned on Friday.
toddlers coloring on everything
The girls colored on their chairs using chalk while "playing" in their bedroom

The girls had so much fun seeing the animals and fishes in Petco. We bought Walter extra treats (the girls give Walter all his treats) and then headed to J Crew. And I had heard rumors that J Crew was closing soon (possibly moving), so I wanted to see if I could get any deals. And when we arrived, they had already closed suddenly and I was SOL.

We headed home and vacuumed since Walter got into the trash while we were gone. Ugh. We did some other cleaning and then played for a bit before making the girls dinner and getting ready for the week. We did baths, laundry and then I made dinner for Rory and I. Homemade pizzas. I love making pizzas at home now. With my new counter tops, it makes it so easy to roll out the dough and assemble the pizzas.
pizza dough
homemade pizza
Not the finished product

We had pizza, wine and watched Parenthood all evening. I even skipped out on The Bachelor for Parenthood. So worth it. I can watch Bachelor tonight.

How was your weekend?

I am linking up with Biana from B Loved Boston.

21 comments :

  1. Pizza, wine, waffles, and donuts all sound amazing right now! And thanks for the reminder that I need to get on it in terms of looking at daycares. I've been majorly slacking and in denial that it needs to be done :-P

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  2. This weekend flew by for me too! I love Pamela's mixes! What do you use to make your pizza dough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually just buy my dough from the grocery store. I have made it before and have a roll recipe that I use for it.

      Delete
  3. You all sound like us - we get cabin fever so easily when stuck at home for very long.
    Glad you were impressed with the day care.
    I always love pictures of your girls holding hands. Something about twins holding hands is just adorable to me. Best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend minus the weather. Your date nights always sound wonderful! I think we may get in a date night this Saturday. I had a rough weekend so Tim owes me one, haha. I've never made pizza at home but I want to do it with Mila. I think it's easy enough for her to help without making too much of a disaster! Hope you're having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like such a fun weekend!! Parenthood is so addicting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It just blows my mind that y'all are getting snow and we're sitting over here at 80 degrees. This has been the craziest winter that I can ever remember. I think we've broken all the records. And your weekend food looks about like ours... pizza, donuts, cocktails... yes ma'am!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great weekend! Parenthood has been on my list of shows to watch, I've only heard good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab date night!! I had risotto (lobster) this weekend as well and it's always so tasty! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! That is SO much snow! I'm glad you still had a lovely weekend, though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Homemade pizza sounds delicious right now! And that donut looks so yummy. Sounds like a great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun weekend! That donut looks amazing!! So glad it was another sickness free weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Homemade pizza is the best! 42 inches of snow..that is just CRAZY! Looks like an awesome date night, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. First off, I need to check out that pancake mix since it is Gluten-free. Thanks so much for sharing! Looks like you guys still got a lot done even though it was a low key weekend. I can't believe how big they are looking in some of the photos. Hope the storms calm down for you guys this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG that is so much snow!! Here in Chicago we are bone dry and haven't seen snow in over 2 months!! It's so crazy and makes me a little sad at the same time because we haven't been able to play in it that much. Yay for getting out for date night and your dish looked delish!! So nice you were off on Monday to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That drink looks really good! I recently finished watching Parenthood and really loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that donut looks so good! Relaxing weekends are the best! So glad the tour went well and hooray for date night! My little ones love seeing the animals at Petco too :) Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete