SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Confessional Thursday

I started writing this confessions post Tuesday because I have a lot on my mind. So grab your coffee, sit back and enjoy my confessions. They are bound to be bitchy. Sorry in advance.

I confess that I didn't get the promotion. And here is the kicker, it was a tie between me and another coworker, and they gave it to him because he had been here 2 months longer than me. 2 months. Not a way to decide a promotion. Did they forget that he threatened to kill me at work a few years back? He was investigated for this and I have NOTHING on my record. I am more than a little pissed off. Bullshit.

I confess that no matter how hard I work, how hard I try and how much I better myself for my job, it never pays off. So why do I even put this much effort in? So many of my coworkers just slide on by and never get fired, so why can't I just do that and not care?

I confess that my abdomen hurts more than I let on. I try to be super mom/wife/woman, but this surgery really took it out of me. I just hope the results are everything I hoped and have been promised.

I confess that I am DYING for a BOTTLE of wine, but I can't even have a drink until I am off my pain meds and antibiotics. I watched The Bachelor with no wine. How is that even possible?

I confess that as soon as I heard I didn't get the job, I went to the bathroom to cry. And then I went online to shop for something. I had to make myself feel better somehow. Say hello to my new kimono.

I confess that I finally got to take a shower Monday evening, after almost four days of no showering, and it was the best shower I have ever felt. There is no amount of dry shampoo or Mustela that can give you that feeling. Yes, I used my kids Mustela for my "sponge baths". That stuff is the best!

I confess that we have a no making Danielle laugh policy at home right now. When I laugh, sneeze or cough, my stomach hurts so much. Awful. And my husband keeps making me laugh and then I cry.

I confess that when you are on pain meds, antibiotics and have had abdominal surgery, you have the hardest time trying to go (TMI much?!) and I may have sat on the toilet FOREVER yesterday morning. It was as bad as when I had my c-section.

I confess that I love reading Jessica's Bachelor recaps each week. It is like we are thinking the same thing or that we are actually watching it together. She has the BEST recaps that are going to have you laughing until it hurts. And this week it really did hurt. See above.

32 comments :

  1. I'm so sorry about the promotion. That just plain sucks. And the fact that that was how they chose between you is ridiculous. And he threatened to kill you? What?? How awful! I'd be pretty pissed too. I love the kimono you ordered. Great way to make yourself feel better. It's amazing what you use your abs for. I understand having a no laugh rule. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes a few years back he was listening to myself and a team member talking about travel that we had coming up and I guess he said if I have to hear one more word from her mouth, I am going to kill her. Dead. Bam. And someone reported it and a whole investigation happened from it. I love the Kimono and needed something to lift me up. Plus it will be cute for spring and my upcoming vacation.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness ! I l am feeling the same way about my job. No pay increase and I've been there almost a year. I bust my rear trying to be the model employee, never late, answers phone on time and more than anyone there and nothing !!!! It's beyond frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is the worst. And I have been at my job for 9 1/2 years. Ugh. I hate saying that. I have gotten pay raises, but not the promotion I wanted, deserved and needed. It is super frustrating.

      Delete
  3. I'm so, so sorry that you didn't get the promotion. That absolutely sucks. I can't believe he threatened to kill you & he's STILL employed there?! That's insane!

    I purchased my first piece from P&M & it should arrive today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They didn't have enough evidence or something and he got in trouble and on probation (I believe) and then it was swept under the rug. So ya I am still pretty upset about it.

      Oh what did you pick from P&M?

      Delete
  4. Awe hun I am so so sorry about the promotion. And, what the heck about the guy who did get it? That is so creepy and very wrong! I hope you get off the pain meds soon and drink wine while wearing your pretty new kimono!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks. I am hoping to be off the pain meds in a few days (pain is still awful), but the antibiotics I still have another 4 days. Ugh. They make me feel sick since they are so strong.

      Delete
  5. Aww I'm so sorry about the promotion :/ That whole situation is just wrong and I don't blame you one bit for being pissed off!! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It sucks and I am trying to get over it, but it was a hard hit to my ego as well.

      Delete
  6. That just plain sucks, and you got the kimono! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so pretty and will be perfect for spring and my Mexico vacation. Gotta make yourself feel better somehow, right?

      Delete
  7. I'm sorry about the promotion. That's just awful. The business world sucks sometimes. LOVE that new kimono you got! Jessica's Bachelor recaps are hilarious and I don't even watch the show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The business world does suck sometimes and I am feeling it this week. I look forward to Jessica's recaps every week.

      Delete
  8. Sorry about the promotion and the pain. :( But at least that kimono is super cute to make up for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mattie. I am thinking I need one more thing to make me feel better. haha.

      Delete
  9. Oh Danielle, that really sucks! And what in the world, he tried to KILL YOU?!?! How is he even still working there!

    Gosh, you totally deserve that kimono (which is totally gorgeous, by the way). Hopefully that guy will get what he deserves in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He threatened it. Said he wanted to kill me. But ya I don't understand it either. But I don't understand a lot of things that happen at work. Haha.

      Delete
  10. Oh man girl.... 1) I can't believe some ass threatened to kill you and still works with you and got a promotion over you!! WTF??? 2) that kimono is so cute 3) thank you for loving my recaps so much!! I'm sorry they made you hurt though!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Me either!!

      It was worth the hurt to read your recaps!

      Delete
  11. Ugh I am so sorry about the promotion! It sounds like you totally deserved it and this other guy seems like such a (slightly scary) jerk. I would have gone online shopping too -- nice choice by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. I can't wait to get my kimono.

      Delete
  12. I am so sorry you didn't get the promotion. That doesn't sound fair at all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm
    So sorry ab the promotion. I would have done the same thing as you! I'm such a crier! Also.. The mustela trick.. Genius! I've never thought to use it on me but will be trying this asap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I didn't think to use it on me until I had to take sponge baths for a couple days. And it smells great, so I didn't feel so gross. That stuff is amazing!!!

      Delete
  14. That kimono is so pretty! So sorry about the promotion :(! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I knew I had to get it when she posted it. I love wearing them and hoping it brings Spring sooner to Nevada.

      Delete
  15. I'm sorry you didn't get the promotion. However, everything happens for a reason and that means something better will come your way. Hope you feel better soon- The Bachelor recaps from Jess do make things that much better!
    Kate :: A Little NW Charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I am thinking and hoping for! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  16. Well SHIT. I'm sorry about the promotion fiasco. It's never fair. If you want, I can tell you all my employment woes- it would make you feel better. I have a MASTERS DEGREE for goodness sake and no one wants to even consider me for a job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I am so sorry that employment options right now suck all around. It seems like we are over qualified or something else. I hate it.

      Delete