SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Favorite Holiday Treats

I am not a big sweets person. I can pass up desserts most nights when my husband asks if I want ice cream, chocolates, etc. I would rather have a nice glass of wine. But when Thanksgiving and Christmas come around, I tend to indulge in sweets a little more. How could you not with all the seasonal treats.

I have some of these items in my shopping cart as we speak and others I wait until I can hit the store from them. But they are always a must around the holidays. And I ramp up my gym workouts to burn off all the extra yummy calories I enjoy over the holidays.
Favorite Holiday Treats


One. Peppermint Bark. William Sonoma carries the best peppermint bark by far. Or at least from the ones I have tried. We always scoop up a tin or two of this and it is a favorite evening treat. And my brother-in-law may have eaten an entire container in one day last year. Just maybe.
Two. Modjeskas. Or what I like to call them, Scotch Kisses. Caramel covered marshmallows or heaven.
Three. Pumpkin Seed Brittle. I love brittle, but usually not peanut brittle. It is ok, but my least favorite brittle. BUT, pumpkin seed brittle, oh so good. I love most things pumpkin and this brittle doesn't disappoint. It has a slight spice to it that add the perfect balance to the sweetness.
Four. Fleur De Sel Caramels. Another William Sonoma favorite. I found these a few years back and now anxiously await their arrival on their website (which is always before stores in Reno). Bittersweet chocolate with sea salt and a velvety vanilla caramel inside.
Five. Vanilla Marshmallows. Every year, the day after Thanksgiving, we go Christmas tree cutting. And we always bring out hot chocolate. It is probably the only time of the year I enjoy hot chocolate. But I always add these vanilla marshmallows to give it that extra yumminess. These are way better than the crunchy marshmallows that come in the hot chocolate packets.
Six. Trader Joes Peppermint Joe Joe's. Do you like oreos? Well these are like oreos only better (which is saying a lot). These chocolate cookies have a vanilla peppermint cream with crushed candy canes. They are many flavors of Joe Joe's, but this one is my favorite. Pair it with a cup of coffee or over a bowl of vanilla ice cream.
Seven. Davidson's Christmas Tea. Sparks (neighboring city to Reno) has the Davidson's tea warehouse. They also have a little shop inside to buy and try teas and tea accessories. Their Christmas tea is a favorite. I stock up on it and enjoy it for months to come. The spices are perfect combination to the black tea. And you can find it online or in most Whole Foods and other shops. So good and perfect for a cozy cold day.

What are your favorite holiday treats?

2 comments :

  1. Um yum to everything! I want to try that tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tea is so good and it's pretty cheap too. We have it everywhere here since the warehouse is here, but I see it often in grocery stores around the US. You can also order it online. And it is worth it!

      Delete