SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Wednesday's Confessions

It is Wednesday, so that means link up with Bella from Dateless in Dallas.  I woke up this morning thinking it was Thursday which is my Friday this week due to my awful furlough days we STILL have to take.  Ugh.  This week is just dragging on.  But enough complaining.  Let's get down to my confessions for the week.

I confess that I am dreading my birthday next weekend (August 2nd).  I will be 31 and that isn't too bad (I almost cried writing that), but I feel like I am so far behind where I thought I would be.  The 21 year old me thought by the time I was 26, I would be married.  Nope.  I did not get married until I turned 30 (I was 30 for 15 days).  I thought I would have my first child at 28 and second at 30.  Negative on both of those.  I thought I would have traveled all over Europe before having children.  I have only been to England, and I am dying to travel Europe (big time travel bug here).

But then I think of all the amazing things I do have in my life at almost 31 (living up the "I am 30" until the last second).  We have a home that we are buying.  We have the best dog in the WORLD, Walter.  We are married.  We have great jobs (even if I complain about my job ALL THE TIME).  We have amazing friends and family.  We are healthy.  We travel often (around two amazing vacations a year plus smaller ones here and there).  We are fortunate enough to be able to try for children.  And I think we are at a very stable place in life right now.  So life is pretty good right now.

I confess I bought a few bunch of items today at the Nordstrom anniversary sale.  I figured it is an early birthday present to myself.  Plus the bra I have been coveting for a few months now is on sale and I couldn't help myself.  I may have also bought a shirt on groopdealz and have been shopping around online for a new pair of black heels.  Oh bank account, please don't hate me.

I confess that I still have some writers block going on.  I need some new ideas for my blog.  New things to write about, experience and so forth.

That's about all the confessions I can manage for now.  I think I need a bigger cup of coffee and to step away from my computer before I buy the internet up.

Confessions

2 comments :

  1. I could make that same confession every day of every week. Turns out I'm a blogaholic AND a shopaholic too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fellow 31 year old here who knows how you feel! I thought I'd be done having kids by 30 but nowhere near close to having one. Oh well! We had a lot more cool experiences then we might have had our "plans" worked out.

    ReplyDelete