SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Little Late

I am finally getting around to my weekend update...only a few days late. Better late than never, or maybe no one noticed?

I am starting my weekend on Thursday, even though I worked Friday (half day) because we went to a Reno Aces game.  I haven't been to one in about a year, and we were given free tickets by my husband's friend.   I missed the Aces games.  Plus we had some great seats. 

Friday
I finally got my hair done.  I didn't change it up at all, but finally covered my massive roots that were showing.  I wish I could have my hairstylist blow dry and style my hair daily.  I don't know how she gets the volume, softness and perfection to it.  That even was filled with amazing Italian food and relaxation.

Saturday
In the morning, we headed to the eye doctor, so I could help my husband pick out new sunglasses with a prescription in them.  He doesn't need them to do everyday things, but really only at night, movies, football/baseball games and driving.  While he was finalizing his order, I was trying on sunglasses for fun.  And since I showed him the Ray-Bans I mentioned here, I wanted to try on others in hopes he gets me a new pair for my birthday, or that pretty Michael Kors watch.  Either or both will do.  I tried on these Ray-Bans for fun and fell in love (which is weird because they normally look weird on my face).

My dear friend Matt got married to the love of his life Kate.  If you remember, I talked about him getting married in England in May, but they finally had their Reno ceremony and reception.  It was at the Galena Creek Park which turned out to be so beautiful.  We ate amazing barbeque food, petite cupcakes, cookies and candy, danced the night away and enjoyed a new English drink.  I can't remember the name of it, but it had some spice to it with some fruity flavors.  So good.  Anyone know of this drink?
Getting married
Table Centerpieces.  Notice the photo cards from their England wedding?  Gorgeous

Sunday
We did the normal boring stuff like making breakfast, grocery shopping, cleaning house and cooking dinner.  But at least we finally got to use our new grill for the second time.  Did I forget to mention that it finally came in, only 4 weeks late.  Best home grilled steaks that evening.

And there you have it.  Finally a weekend update.  Now I am aching for this weekend to be here.  We don't have much going on, but a trip to Tahoe might be in order.  These 100 degree temperatures are killing me.

Tomorrow I am off to one of my favorite close cities for work....San Francisco.  It is a very short trip as it is only overnight and I will be back Friday late evening, but I can't wait to sink my teeth into some good seafood and enjoy the milder temperatures.

Hope you all have a lovely Wednesday.

4 comments :

  1. Now you need to invite us over for a BBQ ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes we do. I just need to see you ASAP. So let's plan something.

      Delete
  2. Love the dress you wore to the wedding! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's French Connection and it was a steal. The color was the color of the wedding I guess. Lots of girls in that color.

      Delete