SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Going Way Back to Senior Year (2001)

I saw that Emily posted about her Senior year of High School and I loved reading about it, so I scraped my original post idea and decided to answer the questions myself. And I was able to go through some old photos and I LOVED doing that. So thanks for the ideas Emily.

I graduated in the class of 2001 as a Senator (our mascot) and it was a pretty amazing time in my life.

1. did you date someone from your school?
No. I dated someone from my rival school. Gasp. We met at the video store I worked at (remember when you went to the video store to rent movies?) and I sort of stalked him. Well I wrote down his number from the store computer and called him. He joked that I had stalked him.


2. did you marry someone from your high school?
No. Rory graduated HS in California and way before I was in high school. Ha. 

3. did you car pool to school? 
Rarely. I got my drivers license right before Senior year since I was born in August and only turned 16 right before Senior year. Occasionally I would drive my friends to school.

4. What kind of car did you have?
I had a white Toyota Tacoma which I LOVED so much. It was a stick shift and my favorite car I have ever had. I wish someone didn't crash into me in the snow a few years later. I probably would still have that beast.

5. What kind of car do you have now?
A Subaru Legacy. I love my car, but miss driving a stick shift. 

6. its friday night. football games or party?
Senior year would be both. I loved going to football games, but attended my fair share of parties. Though I really wasn't a party girl until I hit college. Then it was game over and I was a social butterfly.

7. It is Saturday night?
Well if I wasn't working, I was hanging out with my friends at the pool hall. We loved playing pool and they had an area that didn't have access to the bar, so we spent a lot of time there.

8. What kind of job did you have in high school?
I worked at the video store, a brief stint at JC Penney's in the shoe department and then for a health insurance company.

9. What kind of job do you have now?
I am an Investigations Senior Agent with the Gaming Control Board. I am also a mommy which is the hardest job I have ever had, but so worth it.

10. Were you a party animal?
No I was not. I went to parties, but was too scared to drink. I did drink a time or two, but that was it.

11. Were you considered a flirt?
Not until I went to college. I have always been a bit shy.

12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
Nope. 

13. Were you a nerd?
No. I was smart, but definitely not a nerd.

14. Did you get suspended or expelled?
Haha. No way. Honor roll always.

15. Can you sing the fight song?
Right now? No. But if I heard it once, I could probably pick it right back up.

16. Who was/were your favorite teachers?
Mr. Lathrop who was my Botany Zoology teacher and my Government teacher whose name I can't remember for the life of me. I even looked up the directory at the high school to see if he was still teaching and he was not. I should have looked in my year books.

17. Where did you sit during lunch?
Senior year, we went off campus for lunch most of the time. If we stayed on campus, it was in Senator's Square.

18. What was your school's full name?
Carson High School

19. When did you graduate?
2001. I really can't believe it has been 16 years. It makes me feel so old when I think about it.

20. What was your school mascot?
The Senators!

21. If you could go back and do it again, would you?
Hmmmm. Not sure about that one. I would probably go with no. I would go back to college in a heartbeat.

22. Did you have fun at prom?
Yes I did. But I only went to Junior prom at my rival school. And my boyfriend/date had green hair at the time. He had dyed his hair blue long before prom and it faded into green and he never bleached it to get it to go back. Prom pictures are priceless. 

23. Do you still talk to the person you went to prom with?
Yes I do. Not very much, but we do keep in contact on FB and I even went to his wedding about 5 years ago. Even though we dated, we remained friends after.

24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion?
I went to my 10 year reunion with Rory and had a blast. I only went to one nights festivities but it was good to see friends who moved away. If the reunion looks like fun, I am sure we will go again. We never went to Rory's 20 year reunion which was last summer. We were going to go until they just had a picnic one day. He didn't want to travel back there just for a picnic. 

Some friends from high school who I haven't seen in YEARS

25. Do you still talk to people from school? 
I do on FB and I talk to some of my best friends from high school. It is fun to run into them every so often though. Like the time I hung out with my friend Kettie in England when I went for work. She is coming here in February (this month, wow) and I can't wait to see her again.
The three girls on my left are all best friends from high school (this was at my rehearsal dinner)
The best and worst picture. Ha. We were singing at Lyznie's house (on the right) and her mom captured this photo. Tight jeans and belly shirts. I would never wear a mid drift at my age now. Ha.

If you answer these questions, let me know. Send me the link. I would love to read them.

Have a great Wednesday.

I am linking up with Jenn and Jessi.

15 comments :

  1. Loved this!!! I totally remember video stores. What a thing of the past now hahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so much fun! To think back to high school and reminisce. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun! You and I graduated the same year...I also can't believe it's been so long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this! I might have to steal it - so fun learning new things too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun post! Oh the memories from high school! ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. A video store. This new generation will have no clue what that is :)
    I couldnt even sing our fight song when I was in high school

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was such a fun post! I saw Emily's post about this yesterday, too, and I was thinking it would be fun to do one also! I didn't realize that you and I are so close in age! I graduated in 2000! and Rory and Brian are the same age because he had his 20th reunion last year, too! Here's to marrying guys who were already in college when we started high school! #OldMen Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fun!! I just might have to do it too :) I graduated in 02 so we're super close in age!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I graduated in 2001. Which now seems so so long ago. I, too, dated someone from our rival school. It was such a big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much fun! I might have to steal this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cool learning about you from this! lol I feel like I am the only person in my family who is not marrying someone from high school, glad there are others out there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! How fun to look back on your senior year. I graduated in 99 and Nathan graduated in 2000. How cool that you were able to leave campus for lunch. We didn’t have that luxury!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hah, fun post! I wouldn't say I was nerd per se but I did well in school and I was really quiet. Most people just kind of ignored me, but I had some really good friends who I'm friends with now so it wasn't all bad. I wouldn't go back though!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm definitely doing this myself - so fun! I don't think I realized Rory was older than you. He doesn't look it! You and Tim graduated the same year! I think you need to find and share the prom pics with your date with green hair!!

    ReplyDelete