One of our favorite pasta dishes is, Spicy Tomato Cream Pasta. I found this recipe a couple years ago while browsing Pinterest. We make this at least once or twice a month and we always have leftovers. This isn't my recipe, but I am sharing it with you since I love it so much. I made a few tweaks to the originial recipe.
SPICY TOMATO CREAM PASTA
by Christin Mahrlig (Spicy Southern Kitchen)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes
Total Time: 21 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or a few swirls around the pot)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves (2 - 2 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic from the jar)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (more if you like it spicier)
- 1 24 oz jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
1. Heat olive oil in a stock pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 3 minutes or until translucent.
2. In another pot, heat water for your pasta.
3. Add garlic, basil and red pepper flakes to your onions and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add spaghetti sauce (I used Rao's Marinara since it is our favorite), heavy cream, salt and pepper. Turn down your heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
5. Cook your pasta according to the box and then drain it.
6. Add your pasta to the sauce and let it simmer for about 2 minutes so it incorporates.
7. Serve. You can add on some fresh parsley at the end.