SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, July 10, 2015

Oh Hey Friday

Dang, it is already Friday and I almost forgot to write a Oh Hey Friday post. Almost.

My days are mixed up because I went on my very first work trip since babies. This is a huge deal for me. It was only overnight, but it prepped my husband for the 3 days, 2 nights I will be gone next weekend for my dear friend Nathalie's bachelorette party. It will be an amazing trip indeed, but this momma hung up her dusty party dresses and shoes a long time ago. I hope I can stay up past 10 pm.

Anyways, my husband handled his overnight with the girls very well. There was only one mishap...he forgot to bring the milk to daycare and had to drive back home (45 minutes) and back to daycare again (another 45 minutes).

Onto Oh Hey Friday.

One. My husband. He survived his first overnight with the girls and will be doing it all over again next weekend as I said above. He is truly an amazing man. He is such a great daddy to our girls and pup. He definitely deserves all the baby kisses in the world.

Two. Nordstrom anniversary sale. Yep, everyone knows about it. I am trying to stay away as I am on a sort of shopping freeze. I can only buy things I NEED. Like shoes for the wedding I am in next month, or make up since I have been squeezing every last bit out of my foundation and eyeshadow, or a pair of black heels (mine are destroyed) for work/date nights/bachelorette party or or or. Plus I have another Stitch Fix box coming next week. Yikes. This shopping freeze isn't working out so well.

Three. My pumping journey is coming to an end in about a month or so. I am happy and sad about it. I love that I will get my body back, but feels so guilty about not doing it anymore. How did you moms go about this? Any tips on weaning?

Four. My birthday is in about 3 weeks (I can't believe it) and I need some gift ideas to share with my husband. Here are just a few of the things I want.
Top Left: Tieks  Top Right: Kate Spade Holden Purse  Bottom Left: Lululemon Jacket  Bottom Right: Lululemon Shirt (in white)

Five. My baby girls. They are getting so big and their heads are changing so much with their helmets (post coming soon on common questions I get asked). I hope the growth continues and they are out of them by end of August. Also they are changing daily. They are baby talking more, almost sitting up unassisted for long periods of time (can do it for about 15 seconds right now), getting so long (find out their stats at their 6 month check up on Tuesday, rolling like crazy and just growing so fast. Love my baby girls!

Have a good weekend all!

5 comments :

  1. what? your girls! they ARE getting so big! (and so so cute!) and a huge huge high five to your man! yay for awesome daddies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...can you believe it? We have their 6 month check-up tomorrow (just a few weeks late) and I can't wait to see how much they have grown since their 4 month appointment.

      Delete
  2. Your girls are so cute :) Stopping breastfeeding it took me 3 full days and really hurt but if you can get through it it wont hurt. I had to wear 2 sport bras and made sure no hot warm touched them,Good luck
    Chelsea@thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you just went cold turkey? I am not sure if I should wean over a few weeks or over a weeks time. I am just worried about getting mastitis and an abscess again (had to have surgery from it).

      Delete
  3. Wow can you believe you have feed two babies this long?! I've heard weaning over the course of a month works and kinda what I did with older two. Drop one pumping session a week and hopefully no pain.

    ReplyDelete