SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Hospital Tour and an Update

Last night we took our hospital tour.  Sure I have been in this hospital a few times, but mostly for death stuff.  But we finally got to see the good stuff.  The nursery full of the cutest babies, pre-registering, seeing where we would have our little girls pretty soon and scoping out food options.

The entire time I felt like a deer in the headlights.  Wide eyed at everything that was explained to us.  I can't believe this is really happening in a few short months.  From the assessment to the labor and delivery to the postpartum.  Plus we have some extra decisions to make....who we are allowing in the labor and delivery area (max three others than myself), pain intervention, etc.  I am so happy we have started our birth plan (I know they don't always go as planned) and can make some additional contributions to it.  Plus we were told to pack our hospital bags now because you never know when it is going to happen.  It was all so surreal and exciting all at once. 

But again, I still can't believe how real this is all getting.  Ok, I knew it was getting real when my bump and boobs got really big really fast, but now that we are taking tours and taking classes (December 6th), and the girls will be here before we know it.  I can't wait to see their precious faces, hold them and shower them with kisses.  Plus the idea of seeing my husband hold these babies melts my heart.  Oh pitter patter.

So now my hunt starts for packing a hospital bag for myself, the babies and my husband.  Please send me your links on what to include, what not to include and any advice you all have.

In the meantime, I have my last fluid check appointment with my Perinatal doctor in a couple of hours.  So say some prayers that baby girls are good to go and we only have to see the perinatal doc monthly for growth checks.  But at least I get to see their cute little faces on the ultrasound today.  They have been moving a ton today in preps for their shots on camera/ultrasound.

Until tomorrow for my weekly bump date.   

Post a Comment