SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

26 Weeks

We have made it to week 26.   This week is full of lots of fun regarding our babies.  Not only do we have our baby shower this weekend, but we saw our precious little girls on the ultrasound yesterday and they were so cute.  One was yawning and had the perfect little profile ever.  Pouty lip and just gorgeous.  The other was being silly and had her legs folded up to her face.  She was in the breach position, but still cute as ever.

Babies are moving around and prepping for birth (but not for another couple months please)! Baby A was head down by my bladder and I suspect she is the one kicking/punching/headbutting my bladder and making me feel like I am going to pee my pants at any moment.  Baby B is right up in the rib cage area and she was in the breach position.  Both are movers and shakers and perfect in every way.  Please stay that way sweet babies.

Onto the weekly update.
Don't worry there will be lots of bump photos this weekend from my shower!

How far along: 26 weeks
Babies are the size of a: Butternut Squash/Head of Lettuce
Babies are: Well we have more official updates on the babies sizes.  They are currently measuring 2 pounds and 2 pounds 2 ounces.  I am not sure how long they are at the moment, but websites suggest they are around 15 inches each.  They are ahead of schedule, so that is a bit more comforting since twins usually come early.

This week our babies eyes are forming and they will soon be able to open them up.  Their eyelashes are growing too which hopefully they get their daddy's long lashes.  Babies are building their immune systems and taking breaths too.  We even saw them breathing on the ultrasound yesterday.  So amazing.
Maternity Clothes: Still the same clothes.  I did manage to buy two pairs of sweats (I live in them when I am not at work or having guests over), a cardigan and another shirt.  I need some more sales and cute stuff to spice up this wardrobe.
Stretch Marks: I am really sad to say I found my first stretch mark on the underside of my belly on the right side.  I kinda felt it, and then saw it in the mirror.  There may have been a tear or two.  I love these babies more than anything, but my body is taking its toll here.
Sleep: Just ok.  Between the stuffy noses, the nightly trips to the bathroom and the lack of room for the babies in my belly, sleep is getting harder.  Though last night I passed out fast and only woke up twice.  I call that a major win! 
Symptoms: Backaches, skin stretching and overall exhausted.
Best Moment of the Week:  Seeing our little girls on the ultrasound screen and how beautifully they are doing.  I just love them more and more every moment and can't wait to meet them.  I can't wait to see their faces, smell them (nothing like "the" baby smell) and hold them.  I am one proud momma here.
Movement: Lots of baby kicks and movement.  I love watching my stomach move and feeling the babies kick at me.  I often talk to them after their kicks and this is definitely one thing I will miss once they are born.
Cravings: Fruit (big time apple kick), ice cream and pizza.  Same as always.
Gender: Two precious baby girls.
Belly Button In or Out: Mostly out.

Wedding Ring on or Off: On, but tight.  Might have to move them onto my right side and figure something out soon.  So sad.
Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: Nothing right now.
What I Miss: Working out.  I see all these mommies to be who are still working out (anywhere from 16 weeks to 25 weeks) and I feel a pang of jealousy.  I want to go on a run, take a workout class, walk my dog, or something.  I did manage two shorter walks with my hubby and pup this weekend and it felt great.  I am stretching at home, but that is about it for this momma.

What I am Looking Forward to: My baby shower this weekend thrown by my mom, sister and mother in law.  I can't wait to spoil these girls!
Labor Signs: We have some Braxton Hicks contractions going on, but no signs of labor.  Thank the heavens for that.
Nursery: It is coming along even more.  We have both cribs up, the recliner in, some of the decor done (polka dots on the wall and mobiles) and things are moving along in there.  I absolutely love their room right now and can't wait to have it complete.
Emotions: Way better this week than last week.  Things are more calm at work, things are great at home and just a overall sense of happiness this week.  Let's keep it that way please.

Post a Comment