SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Decades Birthday Party and a Niners Win

This weekend has been pretty amazing and full of lots of friend time.  The Niners won, the decades birthday party was a success and we had a great time at a Christmas party.  The bad....I lost to my husband in fantasy football this week.  But the good news is (always looking for the silver lining) is I am still in second place in my league (I believe) going into the playoffs, so there still is hope.  And I believe I will be playing my father in law.

Friday was pretty stressful trying to find a costume for the decades party.  I had several ideas, but the weather forecast said lots of snow.  I didn't want to wear the skimpy dress I wanted from Francesca's.  But Junkie Clothing Exchange saved the day.  I was able to pick up a long cigarette, long black satin gloves and a pearl necklace (no I didn't have one because the dumb ass who burglarized our home two years ago stole mine) to complete my Audrey Hepburn outfit.  I have way too many layers in my hair to put it up like Audrey Hepburn did in Breakfast At Tiffany's, so I went with a low bun.  I would say it turned out pretty well.
 Newest to oldest decade minus my husband photo bombing us (today, 90s, 56s/60s, 20s)
 My husband was a Wall Street business man from the 80s (notice the white powder sugar on his label, yep a fake of what you would think)
Classy ladies

We had several photo sessions and they were all pretty epic.  We partook in flip cup which I have only played maybe twice in my life.  We had yummy jello shots I made from a recipe I got off That's So Michelle (peach and vanilla champagne jello shots), and I didn't drink much at all, so there was no hangovers.  Win!

During our flip cup fun, a friend made a gross sandwich.  It is chicken wings, pizza rolls and potato chips sandwiched in between two red velvet cookies.
Here is one last photo from the night...awkward family stern photo much?!

Post a Comment